Please collect the required documents listed below and send them to our office via any trackable mailing service. You must send your original passport so that the visa can be issued once it has been approved. We will mail your passport with the issued visa back to you.
For the difference between “M” and “F” business visas, please click here
1. Original passport: (Your original passport must be valid for at least 8 months with at least two blank visa pages remaining) If your passport has been issued within the last 6 months, we need your previous original expired passport.
For minors aged 17 and under, their application will be submitted as a travel companion for tourist visa. You may submit a business invitation with minors’ name on it and the Chinese Consulate will issue a tourist visa. We will need a copy of the first page of the passport from both parents to apply visa for minor. For more information on minors, please see minor requirement
Please also provide a copy of the first page of your U.S. passport (the page with your picture and passport information).
Applicants who were born in China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan and have previously obtained a Chinese Visa with their US passport, please provide a copy of your previous visa and the first page of your previous US passport if the expired visa is not in your current passport.
Applicants who are former Chinese Citizens or were born in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macau, and this is your first time applying with your US passport, please click here for additional requirements.
2. Visa Application Form : Download the fillable 2014 Edition Form (total 4 pages) The application must be fully completed on a computer, and printed on single-sided letter size white paper only. If you cannot view the page, please download adobe acrobat reader. For ensure all your information is correct and if there is any information that does not apply to you or you do not know, please write N/A. For instruction and tips on completing the application, please see Chinese Visa Application Instruction. If you experience any problems downloading the form, please contact us to email a form to you.
We offer a form filling service starting at $7 per application.
Hand written forms will not be accepted.
3. Additional Form Requirement: Additional Form (total 1 pages). The Chinese Consulate recently required an additional form to be completed for business visa applications. The form is not required for the following occupations: students, homemakers, retired, unemployed, or children. This form can be hand-written or typed.
4. Business Visa Requirement: Please provide a copy of a business invitation issued by your Chinese host company or trade show organizer. Please make sure the invitation letter has a company stamp or crop and the inviter’s signature. Please click here for a business visa invitation letter sample.
– M business visas are issued for commercial invitation letters or trade shows. All visa durations will be ten years.
– F business visas are issued for university or academic institution invitation letters. All visa durations will be one year. Please call us for questions or please see F and M business visas differences
5. Two recent passport type (2”x2”) color photograph taken with a white background and within the last 6 months. The photograph must be attached to the application. You can take the picture at places that take U.S. passport photos such as Walgreens, CVS or Walmart. Please see click to see Chinese Visa Picture Requirement for more information.
6. Applicants who have been to China within the past 2 years must provide a copy of their most recently issued Chinese Visa as well as a copy of the last entry and exit passport stamps in the passport.
7. Proof of Residency: Please provide a copy the front and back of your driver license or a copy of another state issued ID, student ID or employee ID. IDs must have the applicant’s name and residing address, or employer or school address. If you do not hold any of these, please send us a copy of your business card or a copy of utility bill/bank statement/ or any other mail such as advertising mail showing your name and home address. Applicants 17 or under without a driver license can submit their student ID or parent’s driver license.
8. Return Mail to return passport and visa: Chinese Visa Office provides return mail via FedEx starting at $28 dollars -Please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v.19, or you can provide a pre-paid mail label or self-stamped envelope.
9. Fees and Payment methods: We accept personal checks, business checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, and Credit Card for saver, regular and express service. Credit Card Order Form can be mailed along with other document to us or you may provide your credit card over the phone.
|Service Type||Process Time (3)||Validity (2)||Entries||Consulate Fee||Service Fee||Total Fee|
|Saver||7+ Workdays||10 Years||M||$140||$99||$239|
|Regular||6-7 Workdays||10 Years||M||$140||$129||$269|
|Express||4-5 Workdays||10 Years||M||$160||$189||$349|
If you wish to use our return mail service, please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v.19
|FedEx Standard Shipping||$28|
|FedEx First Overnight||$65|
|FedEx shipment to HI, AK, PR||$38|
|FedEx Saturday Delivery||$38|
|Additional Return Address||$28|
|Pick-up /Pre-paid Envelope||$0|
Our FedEx return shipping is released without a signature. Should you require a signature with your return shipping envelope, please inform us by noting it in return shipping order form or by contacting us by phone. FedEx has its own damage, lost or missing and claim policy, please visit FedEx website for information. For Chinese Visa Office return shipping information, please read our return shipping cost and policy
If you have any additional service such as form filling service, please add it into the total cost.
Check/Money Order/Cashier Cash payee is Chinese Visa Office and can be mailed along with the all the required documents to our office. Please complete Credit Card Order Form or call us at 713-774-5606 to provide cc payment. You can mail the credit card order form along with other materials. You can also visit our payment information.
Chinese Visa Office
10402 Harwin Dr. Suite #A3
Houston, TX 77036
We highly recommend using FedEx shipping. USPS does not issue receipts for mail drop off. For USPS priority mail, please ask for a confirmation number when you purchase the return mail. For more information on return shipping rates, time, and options, please read our return shipping cost and policy