Please collect the required documents listed below and send to our office via any trackable mailing service. You must send your original passport so that the visa can be issued once it has been approved. We will mail your passport with the issued visa back to you.
1. Original passport: (Your original passport must be valid for at least 8 months with at least two blank visa pages remaining) If your passport has been issued within the last 12 months, we need your previous original expired passport.
Please also provide a copy of the first page of your U.S. passport (the page with your picture and passport information).
Applicants who were born in China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan and have previously obtained a Chinese Visa with their US passport, please provide a copy of your previous visa and the first page of your previous US passport if the expired visa is not in your current passport.
Applicants who are former Chinese Citizens or were born in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macau, and this is your first time applying with your US passport, please click here for additional requirements.
2. Visa Application Form : Download the fillable 2014 Edition Form (total 4 pages) The application must be fully completed on a computer, and printed on single-sided letter size white paper only. If you cannot view the page, please download Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you experience any problems downloading the form, please contact us to email a form to you.
We offer a form filling service starting at $7 per application.
Hand written forms will not be accepted.
3. Additional Form Requirement: Additional Form for Crew Visa (total 1 pages). The Chinese Consulate recently required an additional form to be completed for crew visa applications.
4. Crew Visa Requirements: Please provide ALL of the following :
– A copy of your valid crew ID
– A copy of an employment verification letter issued by your airline
– A copy of your next flight itinerary (you can use letter size paper and type your flight itinerary)
5. One recent passport type (2”x2”) color photograph taken with a white background in the last 6 months. The photograph must be attached to the visa application form.
6. Applicants who have been to China within the past 2 years must provide a copy of their most recent Chinese Visa issued as well as a copy of the last entry and exit passport stamps in the passport.
7. Proof of Residency: Please provide a copy of your driver license or a copy of another state issued ID, student ID or employee ID. If you do not hold any of these, please send us a copy of a utility bill/bank statement/ or any other mail showing your name and home address. Applicants 17 or under without a driver license can submit their student ID or parent’s driver license.
8. Return Mail to return passport and visa: Chinese Visa Office provides return mail via FedEx starting at $28 dollars, or you can provide a pre-paid mail label or self-stamped envelope.
9. Fees and Payment methods: We accept personal checks, business checks, cashier’s checks, Paypal, money orders, and credit card. Please click here for Credit Card Order Form and you can mail the form along with other document to us.
10. For applicants that already hold a “C” visa for China and wish to apply for tourist visa, please see all the requirement for on tourist visa page . Chinese Consulate will allow applicants with valid “C’ visa to also hold a single entry tourist Chinese visa that is valid for 3 months with a duration of stay for 30 days.
A: Visa Processing Fee
|Service Type||Process Time||Validity (2)||Entries||Consulate Fee||Service Fee||Total Fee|
|Saver||7+ Workdays||5 Years||M||$140||$99||$239|
|Regular||6-7 Workdays||5 Years||M||$140||$129||$269|
|Express||4-5 Workdays||5 Years||M||$160||$199||$359|
1) Rush service currently is unavailable.
2) The Chinese Consulate reserves the right to adjust the validity of the visa based on the applicant’s information. The fee does not change in the event the Chinese Consulate issues a visa less than 5 years’ validity.
Please visit our payment page for more information
B: Return Mailing
If you wish to use our return mail service, please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form
|FedEx Standard Shipping||$28|
|FedEx First Overnight||$65|
|FedEx shipment to HI, AK, PR||$38|
|FedEx Saturday Delivery||$38|
|Additional Return Address||$28|
|Pick-up /Pre-paid Envelope||$0|
Our FedEx return shipping is released without a signature. Should you require a signature with your return shipping envelope, please inform us by leaving a note with your application or by contacting us by phone. FedEx has its own damage, lost or missing and claim policy, please visit FedEx website for information. For Chinese Visa Office return shipping information, please read our return shipping cost and policy
C: Total cost to pay: Service Fee + Return Mailing Cost
If you require any additional services such as form filling service, please add it into the total cost.
Check/Money Order/Cashier Cash payee is Chinese Visa Office and can be mailed along with the all the required documents to our office. Please complete our Credit Card Order Form and mail along with your document or call us at 713-774-5606 to provide cc payment.
Chinese Visa Office
6200 Savoy Dr. #255
Houston, TX 77036
We highly recommend using FedEx shipping. USPS does not issue receipts for mail drop off. For USPS priority mail, please ask for a confirmation number when you purchase the return mail. For more information on return shipping rates, time, and options, please read our return shipping cost and policy