Hong Kong Visa

Hong Kong Visa

Hong Kong Visa

Chinese Citizens with a U.S. permanent residence card or holding a long term U.S. visa such as L, H, F and J and are currently residing in the U.S., please see  Hong Kong and Macao Visa for Chinese Citizens.

中国公民在美持有效长期签证(长期签证不含B1/B2)或美国绿卡可以在美国申请香港和澳门签证。请点击 Hong Kong and Macao Visa for Chinese Citizens 里面如何申请中文信息。

U.S. citizens and citizens of more than 100 other countries do not need a visa to enter S.A.R Hong Kong and can stay in Hong Kong for up to 180 days. For more information, please see HKSAR visa requirements for the following foreign countries or please call us at 713-774-5606.
The Chinese Consulate can issue Hong Kong visas to citizens of nationalities that do require visas, but the general wait time is 1-3 months. You must submit your passport to the Chinese Consulate and if you are required to use the passport within the duration of visa approval, we can ask for the passport back, but your application for HK visa will be forfeited.

Before applying, we charge a flat rate $50 dollars for our services regardless of whether your application is approved or denied. This is to cover the cost of going to the consulate and any mailing service to Hong Kong

How to Apply

Please collect the required documents listed below and send to our office via any trackable mailing service. You must send your original passport so that the visa can be issued once it has been approved. We will mail your passport with the issued visa back to you.
*In some cases, the Chinese Consulate might request citizens from some countries to apply in person for a Hong Kong visa.

Documents Required

1. Original passport: (Your original passport must be valid for at least 12 months with at least two blank visa pages remaining) If your passport has been issued within the last 12 months, we need your previous original expired passport. For children aged 17 and under, please see additional minor requirement.

Please also provide a copy of the first page of your passport (the page with your picture and passport information).

2. Proof of U.S. StatusYou must send a copy of the U.S. Green Card (1). Don’t send us the original Green Card unless your Green Card is in the process of being renewed and the renewal sticker is stuck to the back of the Green Card . If this is the case, then please send us your original Green Card and use tape to secure it to the front of the passport.

Non-US Citizens with permanent residence card and long-term US visas with a validity longer than 3 months  (Long term US visas are all valid visa excluding B1/B2 US visa) may applied for H.K visa

3. Visa Application Form :Download the fillable HK visa application (total 6 pages) The application must be fully completed on a computer, and printed on single-sided letter size white paper only. If you cannot view the page, please download Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you experience any problems downloading the form, please contact us to email a form to you. You might not have information for every page, but please sign every page on the bottom right where it says, “signature of applicant”

Hand written forms will not be accepted.

4. One recent passport type (2”x2”) color photograph taken with a white background and within the last 6 months. The photograph must be attached to the application. You can take the picture at places that take U.S. passport photos such as Walgreens, CVS or Walmart. Please see click to see Chinese Visa Picture Requirement for more information.( H.K visa photos follow the Chinese Visa Picture guideline)

5.S.A.R. Hong Kong Visa requirements 

For student, work or immigrate H.K. visa, you must go the nearest Chinese Consulate and apply in person. Please visit SAR H.K. gov’t page for more information

Business Visa Requirement: Please provide a copy of a business invitation issued by your Hong Kong host company or trade show organizer. Please make sure the invitation letter has a company header, address, contact information, business relationship between the inviter and you, and the inviter’s signature and date. The business invitation must clearly have your name, birthday, gender, current passport number, validity of your passport, arrival date and departure from H.K., your purpose to visit H.K., and who is responsible for the cost of the travel.

Family or Friend visiting: please provide a copy of your inviter’s invitation letter and a copy of inviter’s Hong Kong ID or if the inviter is a foreigner, please provide a copy of the first page of the inviter’s passport and a copy of his/her Hong Kong residence permit. Please ensure on the invitation letter it clearly states your name, DOB, arrival date into H.K, departure date, relationship to the inviter, address of your stay, inviter’s local contact phone and which party is responsible for the cost of the travel.

Tourism: if you are going for tourism, please provide a confirmed itinerary including arrival and departure flights, hotel information, your daily itinerary, and any pre-booked tickets. If you are going there with a tour group, please provide an invitation letter from the tour group, the tour group daily itinerary, airline tickets, and tour group contact.

6.Proof of Residency: Please provide a copy of your driver license or a copy of another state issued ID, student ID or employee ID. If you do not hold any of these, please send us a copy of a utility bill/bank statement/ or any other mail showing your name and home address. Applicants 17 or under without a driver license can submit their student ID or parent’s driver license.

7. Proof of Financial Responsibility :

Please provide a copy of all 3 documents listed below.

1) A copy of recent 3 months U.S. bank statement in your name
2) U.S. property ownership or rental agreement
3) A letter confirming employment or a letter from your school confirming attendance

8. Return Mail to return passport and visa: Chinese Visa Office provides return mail via FedEx starting at $30 dollars  –  Please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v.19, or you can provide a pre-paid mail label or self-stamped envelope.

Fees and Payment methods: We accept personal checks, business checks, cashier’s checks, money orders or credit card payments for saver, regular and express service. You can complete our credit card form for credit card payment and send along with your documents. Please visit our payment page for additional information.

The applicant must submit the above required documents and the total fee (A+B) as shown below.

A: Visa Processing Fee

Service Type Process Time Validity (1) Entries (1) Consulate Fee Service Fee Total Fee
Regular 1-3 Months 3/6/12 months 1/2/M $35 $50 $85
1) The consulate makes the decision as to the validity and entries based on the information you have provided.

B: Return Mailing

If you wish to use our return mail service, please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v.19.

Remarks Fees
FedEx Standard Shipping $30
FedEx First Overnight $65
FedEx shipment to HI, AK, PR $40
FedEx Saturday Delivery $40
FedEx International $75
Additional Return Address $30
Pick-up /Pre-paid Envelope $0

Our FedEx return shipping is released without a signature. Should you require a signature with your return shipping envelope, please inform us by noting it in Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v.19 or by contacting us by phone. FedEx has its own damage, lost or missing and claim policy, please visit FedEx website for information. For Chinese Visa Office return shipping information, please read our return shipping cost and policy

C: Total cost to pay: Service Fee + Return Mailing Cost

Check/Money Order/Cashier Cash payee is Chinese Visa Office and can be mailed along with the all the required documents to our office. Please complete Credit Card Order Form or call us at 713-774-5606 to provide cc payment. You can mail the credit card order form along with other materials. You can also visit our payment information.

Mailing Address:
Chinese Visa Office
Susan Guo
10402 Harwin Dr. Suite #A3
Houston, TX 77036

Tel: 713-774-5606

Apply Now