Please collect the required documents listed below and send them to our office via any trackable mailing service. You must send your original passport so that the visa can be issued once it has been approved. We will mail your passport with the issued visa back to you.
1. Original passport: (Your original passport must be valid for at least 8 months with at least two blank visa pages) If your passport has been issued within the last 12 months, we need your previous original expired passport.
For minors aged 17 and under and applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, we require a copy of their birth certificate and a copy of both parents’ passports or US driver licenses. If the minor has previously had a Chinese visa, then we only need a copy of the previously issued visa. For details on minor requirements, please see our minor requirement page.
Please also provide a copy of the first page of your U.S. passport (the page with your picture and passport information).
Applicants who were born in China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan and have previously obtained a Chinese Visa with their US passport, please provide a copy of your previous visa and the first page of your previous US passport if the expired visa is not in your current passport.
Applicants who are former Chinese Citizens or were born in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macau, and this is your first time applying with your US passport, please click here for additional requirements.
2. Visa Application Form : Download the fillable 2014 Edition Form (total 4 pages) The application must be fully completed on a computer, and printed on single-sided letter size white paper only. If you cannot view the page, please download Adobe Acrobat Reader. For instruction and tips on completing the application, please see Chinese Visa Application Instruction. If you experience any problems downloading the form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to email a form to you.
We offer a form filling service starting at $7 per application.
Hand written forms will not be accepted.
3. Additional Form Requirement: Additional Form (total 1 pages). The Chinese Consulate recently required an additional form to be completed for tourist visa applications. The form is not required for the following occupations: students, homemakers, retired, unemployed, or children. This form can be hand-written or typed.
4. Tourist Visa Requirement: Please provide a copy of your flight and hotel itinerary to China or a copy of the invitation letter issued by a tour group. If you have not booked your flight or hotel yet, please provide a tentative travel schedule to China on letter size paper.
Family or Friend Visit Visa Requirement – Please provide a copy of the inviter’s Chinese ID FRONT and BACK or if the inviter is a foreigner, please provide a copy of the inviter’s passport plus a copy of the inviter’s Chinese residence card.
Please provide a copy of the invitation letter written by the inviter. Please click here for a tourist invitation letter example. Inviter may hand-write the letter on paper, then scan, email or fax the letter to you.
Family Based Visas have two category – Q1 and Q2. For Q1 you must apply in person, and Q2 can be applied through us. Q2 visa duration of stay （how long you can stay each entry) is 60 days, 90 days or 120 days. For extended stay longer than 120 days, please see extend stay requirement . For the difference in Q1 and Q2, please see Q1 and Q2 visas difference
For Family Based Visas for marriage, please provide a copy of your Chinese born spouse’s passport
If the relationship in the invitation is defined as friends, then the longest duration of stay is 60 days.
5. One recent passport type (2”x2”) color photograph taken with a white background taken within the past 6 months. The photograph must be attached to the visa application form. You can take them at places that take U.S. passport picture such as CVS/Walgreen. Please see click to see Chinese Visa Picture Requirement for more information.
6. Applicants who have been to China within the past 2 years must provide a copy of their most recent Chinese Visa issued as well as a copy of the last entry and exit passport stamps in the passport.
7. Proof of Residency: Please provide a copy of your driver license or a copy of another state issued ID, student ID or employee ID. If you do not hold any of these, please send us a copy of a utility bill/bank statement/ or any other mail showing your name and home address. Applicants 17 or under without a driver license can submit their student ID or parent’s driver license.
8. Return Mail to return passport and visa: Chinese Visa Office provides return mail via FedEx starting at $28 dollars -Please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form, or you can provide a pre-paid mail label or self-stamped envelope.
9. Rush Service ONLY: Currently Rush Service is reserved for family emergencies only. Please provide evidence of an emergency such as a doctor’s note, hospital bill or diagnosis.
*Rush Service is at the consulate’s discretion and they might reject rush service or delay at any time without providing a reason.
Fees and Payment methods: We accept personal checks, business checks, cashier’s checks, money orders or credit card payments for saver, regular and express service. For Rush Service, we only accept on-line or phone credit card payments. Please complete and download our Credit Card Order Form and send the completed form with your passport to us or see our payment page for more information.
|Service Type||Process Time (3)||Validity (2)||Entries||Consulate Fee||Service Fee||Total Fee|
|Saver||7+ Workdays||10 Years||M||$140||$99||$239|
|Regular||6-7 Workdays||10 Years||M||$140||$129||$269|
|Express||4-5 Workdays||10 Years||M||$160||$189||$349|
|Rush (1)||24 Hours||10 Years||M||$170||$249||$419|
If you wish to use our return mail service, please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form
|FedEx Standard Shipping||$28|
|FedEx First Overnight||$65|
|FedEx shipment to HI, AK, PR||$38|
|FedEx Saturday Delivery||$38|
|Additional Return Address||$28|
|Pick-up /Pre-paid Envelope||$0|
Our FedEx return shipping is released without a signature. Should you require a signature with your return shipping envelope, please inform us by noting it in return shipping order form or by contacting us by phone. FedEx has its own damage, lost or missing and claim policy, please visit FedEx website for information. For Chinese Visa Office return shipping information, please read our return shipping cost and policy
If you have any additional service such as form filling service, please add it into the total cost.
Check/Money Order/Cashier Cash payee is Chinese Visa Office and can be mailed along with the all the required documents to our office. Please complete Credit Card Order Form or call us at 713-774-5606 to provide cc payment. You can mail the credit card order form along with other materials. You can also visit our payment information.
Chinese Visa Office
10402 Harwin Dr. Suite #A3
Houston, TX 77036
We highly recommend using FedEx shipping. USPS does not issue receipts for mail drop off. For USPS priority mail, please ask for a confirmation number when you purchase the return mail. For more information on return shipping rates, time, and options, please read our return shipping cost and policy