Applicants should send the required documents listed below to our office via any trackable mailing service. When your visa has been approved, we mail the passport with your issued visa back to you immediately.
1. Original passport: (Your original passport must be valid for at least 12 months with at least two blank visa pages remaining) If your passport has been issued within the last 12 months, we need your previous original expired passport. For children aged 17 and under, we require a copy of their birth certificate and a copy of both parents’ passports or US driver licenses.
Please also provide a copy of the first page of your nationality’s passport (the page with your picture and passport information).
Applicants who were born in China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan and have previously obtained a Chinese Visa with their current nationality passport, please provide a copy of your previous visa and the first page of your previous passport if the expired visa is not in your current passport.
Applicants who are former Chinese Citizens or were born in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macau, and this is your first time applying with your nationality’s passport, please click here for additional requirements.
2. You must send a copy of the U.S. Green Card. Don’t send us the original Green Card unless your Green Card is in the process of being renewed and the renewal sticker is stuck to the back of the Green Card. If this is the case, then please send us your original Green Card and use tape to secure it to the front of the passport.
For Non-US Citizens without a Green Card, please send us a copy of your US Visa, even if this is inside your passport, or a copy of any other document such as an I-20 form, confirming your legal status in the U.S.
3. Visa Application Form: Download the fillable 2014 Edition Form (total 4 pages) The application must be fully completed on a computer, and printed on single-sided letter size white paper only. If you cannot view the page, please download Adobe Acrobat Reader. For instruction and tips on completing the application, please see Chinese Visa Application Instruction. If you experience any problems downloading the form, please contact us to email a form to you.
We offer a form filling service starting at $7 per application.
4. Additional Form Requirement: Additional Form (total 1 pages). The Chinese Consulate recently required an additional form to be completed for tourist visa applications. The form is not required for the following occupations: students, homemakers, retired, unemployed, or children. This form can be hand-written or typed.
Hand written forms will not be accepted.
5. Tourist Visa Requirement: Please provide a copy of your flight and hotel itinerary to China or a copy of the invitation letter issued by a tour group. If you have not booked your flight or hotel yet, please provide a tentative travel schedule to China on letter size paper.
Family or Friend Visit Visa Requirement – Please provide a copy of the inviter’s Chinese ID or if the inviter is a foreigner residing in China, please provide a copy of the inviter’s passport plus a copy of the inviter’s Chinese residence visa. In addition, please provide an invitation letter written by the inviter. Please click here for a tourist invitation letter example.
6. Two recent passport type (2”x2”) color photograph taken with a white background in the last 6 months. The photograph must be attached to the visa application form. You can take the picture at CVS or Walgreen and please click to see Chinese Visa Picture Requirement for more information.
7. Applicants who have been to China within the past 2 years must provide a copy of their most recent Chinese Visa issued as well as a copy of the last entry and exit passport stamps in the passport.
8. Proof of Residency: Please provide a copy of your driver license or a copy of another state issued ID, student ID or employee ID. If you do not hold any of these, please send us a copy of a utility bill/bank statement/ or any other mail showing your name and home address. Applicants 17 or under without a driver license can submit their student ID or parent’s driver license.
9. Rush Service ONLY: Currently Rush Service is reserved for family emergencies only, please call for information
10.Chinese Visa Office provides return mail via FedEx starting at $30 dollars -Please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v.19, or you can provide a pre-paid mail label or self-stamped envelope.
Fees : The price of the Visa is different depending on which country you are a citizen of. Please click on the relevant category below for the correct fees:
Citizens of Afghanistan, CAR, DRC, France, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, S. Sudan, Syria, and Yemen must apply for a visa in person regardless if you hold U.S. permanent residence. This is due to the bilateral agreements signed or reached between China and the respective countries. Please click on the “Non-US citizens required to apply in person” page below for more information.
(1) The Chinese consulate may request the original green card under certain situations. You will be responsible for the cost to mail the original green card to us.
(2) The Chinese consulate reserves the right to request an interview from non-us citizens after submission of materials even if your country is exempt from the required to apply in person countries list.
If you wish to use our return service, please complete our Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v.19
|FedEx Standard Shipping||$30|
|FedEx First Overnight||$65|
|FedEx shipment to HI, AK, PR||$40|
|FedEx Saturday Delivery||$40|
|Additional Return Address||$30|
|Pick-up /Pre-paid Envelope||$0|
Our FedEx return shipping is released without a signature. Should you require a signature with your return shipping envelope, please inform us by noting it in Chinese Visa Office FedEx Shipping Order Form v.19 or by contacting us by phone. FedEx has its own damage, lost or missing and claim policy, please visit FedEx website for information. For Chinese Visa Office return shipping information, please read our return shipping cost and policy
If you have any additional service such as form filling service, please add it into the total cost.
Check/Money Order/Cashier Cash payee is Chinese Visa Office and can be mailed along with the all the required documents to our office. Please complete Credit Card Order Form or call us at 713-774-5606 to provide cc payment. You can mail the credit card order form along with other materials. You can also visit our payment information.
Chinese Visa Office
10402 Harwin Dr. Suite #A3
Houston, TX 77036
We highly recommend using FedEx shipping. USPS does not issue receipts for mail drop off. For USPS priority mail, please ask for a confirmation number when you purchase the return mail. For more information on return shipping rates, time, and options, please read our return shipping cost and policy